The Mazamas offers a variety of classes for all ability levels. Learn new skills in mountaineering, rock climbing, first aid, ski mountaineering, and more.
- HIKE LEADER: David Rempel, ph.# 928 587-0511; email: email@example.com;
- ASSISTANT HIKE LEADER: Emily Walbridge, completing her provisional hike for Hike Leader badge.
- START: 7:00 a.m. Gateway/99th St. Transit Center P&R, plan on being there 10-15 minutes early to check-in and organize carpooling.
- TRAIL HEAD: 8:45 a.m. Tom, Dick & Harry TH
- WEATHER: Watch the forecast going into the hike to know what to expect. This time of year is about my favorite for hiking Tom Dick and Harry--cold and crisp with everything in a snowy white mantle. The popularity of the trail should provide for a well-stomped down trail.
- REQUIRED GEAR:
- Trekking poles & foot traction (e.g., Yaktrax, microspikes, etc.)--this is not a snowshoe hike.
- Drivers will need to have tire traction devices on board (e.g., chains, studded tires, etc.)
- REQUIRED PASS/FEES: Drivers will need an Oregon Sno-Park pass (available at REI or the Zigzag Ranger Station). Hike sign-up on Mazamas website is required.
- NO DOGS: Sorry, we will be crossing into a wilderness area where the 12 heartbeats rule is in effect.
- HIKE SIGN-UP must be completed on the Mazamas website prior to hike (i.e., no paper sign-ups day of hike).