Silver Star via Grouse Vista Trail
Steep hike with beautiful views.
- Start point: Grouse Vista Trailhead
- Distance: 6.8 miles
- Elevation gain: 2040 feet
Build endurance and ability to hike at a fast, steady pace in variable conditions. We will stick together as a group.
- 2.5-3.0 mph is an average pace
- Uphill pace 1.5 mph
- Downhill pace 3-3.5 mph
- Slow pace on terrain needing caution, such as slippery rocks, etc.
- Hike in 50 minute chunks followed by a 10 minute break, longer lunch break
- Come prepared to keep this pace but also be able to accept that conditions, terrain, and other factors may require adjusting the pace.
- 7:50 Meet at the Gateway Transit Center
- 8:00 Carpool to the Grouse Vista Trailhead, stopping if needed
- 9:20 Arrive at the Grouse Vista Trailhead
- 9:25 Hike to the summit of Silver Star mountain. On the descent, take an alternate side trail which reconnects with main trail and passes by Pyramid Rock. Requires bushwacking.
- 1:30 Carpool back to Gateway Transit Center.
- 3:00 Arrive at Gateway Transit Center
- Be safe: The Ten Essentials
- Be a good steward of the land: Leave No Trace Principles
- Be inclusive: Understanding Bias in Language
We will carpool to reduce the environmental impact of our adventure.
- Drivers: Commit to safe driving practices. Do not text and drive. Do not drive aggressively. Obey traffic laws.
- Passengers: Contribute the driver's expenses.
Registration is Closed