The Mazamas offers a variety of classes for all ability levels. Learn new skills in mountaineering, rock climbing, first aid, ski mountaineering, and more.
Andy Nuttbrock will be giving the first Crevasse Rescue lecture next Tuesday. Yay!
Following is additional information re: this lecture and what you need to do to prepare:
Before next Tuesday's lecture:
- Review this video: https://youtu.be/-X-CeXTlR6o
- Review and practice the Munter Mule Overhand
- Review the presentation: ICS Crevasse Rescue Lecture
For next Tuesday evening:
- Please make sure to be on time, or early if you can swing it. There is going to be a bunch of information thrown at you. A new skill will be presented, and the more we can get done before the lecture, the more time we will have for hands-on practice.
- Please bring all your gear: Ice axe, harness, prusik cords, carabiners, slings, anchor materials, ATC/belay device, ropes, pack, gloves, etc. If you have pulleys, please bring them. If not, don't worry as this can all be done with the gear you already have.
- When you arrive, please get into groups of 4. Get your harness on and find an anchor location under the heaters and set up a single runner (or equivalent) on each bolt. (Assistants will be there to help you through this).
- Flake the rope and set up for 4 climbers about 6 meters apart. (This is to save space).
- Once you are done with this, have a seat and we will begin.