The Mazamas offers a variety of classes for all ability levels. Learn new skills in mountaineering, rock climbing, first aid, ski mountaineering, and more.
The Marion Peak Lookout House Trail lies within the Mt. Jefferson Wilderness, and will take us past Anne Lake and Marion Lake before climbing to a promontory above Marion Lake and the Eight-Lakes Basin. Snow is receding and wildflowers are blooming.
- Leader Contact Info: David Rempel, Ph# 928 587-0511; email email@example.com.
- 6:30 a.m. departure from Clackamas Mall TC/MAX station. Plan on being there 10-15 minutes early (to organize and arrange carpooling) so we can leave on time. Plan on meeting on the sidewalk corner (outside the parking structure).
- 9:00 a.m. start hike at trailhead.
- Bring your 10-essentials. Weather is expected to be good, but it is the Cascades in June. Sunscreen, mosquito repellant, a jacket, micro-spikes & trekking poles are advised.
- Plan on lunch and a minimum of 3 liters of water consumption (creeks available on upper end for those wishing to filter water).
- NW Discover Pass or day pass required for parking at the trailhead (drivers will need to get before arriving at trailhead).
- There may still be snow at the top. We will limit our upper-reach according to trail conditions, experience and equipment.
- This is a wilderness area where we are limited to 12 (heart beat) access passes, so sorry, no dogs on this one.
- And finally, based on group interest, we may stop on the way home for fun, food and fellowship.
Registration is Closed