It's been cold and snowy up around Hood this week, with over a foot of new snow in the area around Meadows. That means we have a chance for a spring snowshoe. We'll start from White River West Sno-Park and head up the valley. After a couple miles, we'll make the short, steep ascent up the side of Boy Scout Ridge and return via the PCT.
Distance: 6 mile loop
Elevation gain: 1000'
Drive: 110 mi RT
- Snowshoes (we can stop in Sandy for rentals, if needed)
- Poles are optional, but would be useful
- Warm clothes (expect a bit of snow, but prepare for rain as well)
- Tire chains, if you're driving
- A Sno-Park pass, which is also available in Sandy
Meet at Gateway
Registration is Closed