This is an B level Mazama Hike that occurs in a non-wilderness area. B level hikes are moderate or more challenging hikes with either less than 15 miles in distance with between 1,500 and 3,000 feet elevation gain or between 8 and 15 miles in distance with less than 1,500 feet of elevation gain.
Please check out the details tab to learn more about this specific hike, including the route name and meeting location.
It's been cold and snowy up around Hood this week, with over a foot of new snow in the area around Meadows. That means we have a chance for a spring snowshoe. We'll start from White River West Sno-Park and head up the valley. After a couple miles, we'll make the short, steep ascent up the side of Boy Scout Ridge and return via the PCT.
Distance: 6 mile loop
Elevation gain: 1000'
Drive: 110 mi RT
- Snowshoes (we can stop in Sandy for rentals, if needed)
- Poles are optional, but would be useful
- Warm clothes (expect a bit of snow, but prepare for rain as well)
- Tire chains, if you're driving
- A Sno-Park pass, which is also available in Sandy
Meet at Gateway
|General Route Info||Will vary based on route chosen. Check the Activity & Leader Notes.|