The Mazamas offers a variety of classes for all ability levels. Learn new skills in mountaineering, rock climbing, first aid, ski mountaineering, and more.
Took place January 31 & February 1 2020 at the Mazama Mountaineering Center. We expect the 2021 BFF to be around the same time period, so check back in November for more details.
Calling all “go big or go home” winter enthusiasts! Get ready to get goosebumps while you “Ooh!” and “Ahh!” at the impact and importance of our winter wildlands through this collection of short films. The fifteenth annual Winter Wildlands Alliance Backcountry Film Festival will be shown at the Mazama Mountaineering Center on January 31 & February 1, 2020.
Produced each year as a celebratory, backcountry community event by the Winter Wildlands Alliance, the 15th Annual Backcountry Film Festival film line-up is full of snowy, cinematic adventure sure to inspire both the local backcountry and general communities. Winter Wildlands Alliance is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting and preserving winter wildlands and a quality human-powered snow sports experience on public lands.
By partnering with groups like the Mazamas at a local level, the Winter Wildlands Alliance raises funds for these groups and communities through the annual Backcountry Film Festival national tour. All funds raised directly benefit local projects and programs that perpetuate access and stewardship of public lands.
Adventure, environment and climate, youth outdoors, ski culture- you’ll find it all in this award winning lineup. Films in this year’s program include:
- Can’t Ski Vegas - Joey Schusler, Ben Page, Thomas Woodson
- Drawn to High Places - Elise Giordano + Outdoor Research
- Endless Winter: Chapter 1 - Nikolai Schirmer
- KHUTRAO - Agreste Chile
- Leave Nice Tracks - Marius Becker, Dan Cirenza, Kyle Crichton
- A Climb for Equality - Caroline Gleich + Rylo
- Colter’s Route - Sawyer Thomas + Riis Wilbrecht + Dynafit
- Backflippers - Luigi Dellarole
- Climate Change in the Kennels - Denali National Parks
- Peak Obsession (32:30) Cody Townsend + Bjarne Salen
Doors open at 6 p.m. and the screening beings at 7 p.m.
Admission is $12 and tickets can be purchased below.