This will be a one day, car-to-car, climb of Mt. Washington. We will park, meet and begin near the Big Lake Youth Camp. The trailhead is approximately 3+ hours from Portland. There will be an option of camping at Big Lake Sep 26-28. Contact leaders if interested in camping.
- Monday PM: Leave Portland and drive to Big Lake where we will camp
- Tuesday 5:30 AM: Rise and breakfast
- Tuesday 6:30 AM: Leave Big Lake and meet at Big Lake Youth Camp PCT Trailhead
- Tuesday 7:00 AM: Start the climb. Sunrise 7:00 AM
- Tuesday PM: Return to car, debrief, camp at Big Lake or head to Portland. Sunset 6:51 PM. May be returning to the cars in the dark. Be prepared for that.
NW Forest Pass or America the Beautiful pass is required to park at the trailhead.
Participants will need to be in good physical shape and comfortable with rock climbing up to 5.4, rappelling, fixed line travel, fair amount of exposure on crumbly rock. It might be a good idea to review fixed line travel and rappelling techniques before this climb if you are feeling rusty on those skills. Climbers not able to keep pace with the group may be turned back at the leader’s discretion.
We will provide additional information and weather updates as we get closer to the climb.
Registration is Closed