The Mazamas offers a variety of classes for all ability levels. Learn new skills in mountaineering, rock climbing, first aid, ski mountaineering, and more.
Special note: Class instructors will be determined before the date.
Leadership Training: High-Angle Rescue Recert: (Sunday 2/16)
This class is for anyone within climb leadership.
This is a small group one-day recertification training targeted towards members of the climb leadership in the Mazamas (climb leaders, provisional leaders, and LD candidates), specifically those who have had prior high-angle rescue training that meets the Climb Leader (D/E) standard (generally, this is AR/ASI rescue curriculum).
You should have functional knowledge of and experience using common climbing knots and hitches, two-point and three-point anchors, belaying from above and below and usage of your belay device, rappelling with back-ups, placing rock, snow and ice protection (as it applies to leader type), belay escapes, improvised rope ascension methods, and mechanical advantage systems.<br> Practice tying a Munter-mule overhand (MMO).
- Climbing Helmet
- Climbing Harness
- Guide-style (plaquette) belay/rappel device (double slot) with large locking pear-shaped carabiner
- Cordelettes (1-2), or (1) 20’ untied cordelette
- Slings (2 up to 48” with non-locking carabiners)
- Prusiks (1 Waist, 1 Leg)
- Personal Pro (Tether) of your choice
- Extra non-locking Carabiners (6), minimum (2)
- Extra locking Carabiners (5), minimum (4)
- Assisted Braking Device (Assisted Brake Device) (GriGri or Similar) if you have one or could borrow one (we’ll have extra and will be using these)
Registration is Closed
|Groups||Climbing CommitteeClimb Leader Training|
|Group Preference||Climb Leader Training|