The Mazamas offers a variety of classes for all ability levels. Learn new skills in mountaineering, rock climbing, first aid, ski mountaineering, and more.
Leadership Training: High-Angle Rescue Recert: BIPOC (Saturday 2/29)
This class is for any person of color within climb leadership.
This is a small group one-day recertification training targeted towards members of the climb leadership in the Mazamas (climb leaders, provisional leaders, and LD candidates), specifically those who have had prior high-angle rescue training that meets the Climb Leader (D/E) standard (generally, this is AR/ASI rescue curriculum).
- You should have functional knowledge of and experience using common climbing knots and hitches, two-point and three-point anchors, belaying from above and below and usage of your belay device, rappelling with back-ups, placing rock, snow and ice protection (as it applies to leader type), belay escapes, improvised rope ascension methods, and mechanical advantage systems.
- Practice tying a Munter-mule overhand (MMO).
- guide-mode capable belay device
- personal pro leash
- 2 ft, and 4ft cordage loops (aka waist and leg Prusiks)
- 3 slings
- 5 non-lockers carabiners
- 5 medium size munter-capable locking carabiners
- rescue pulley (optional)
- GriGri (optional)
- microtraxion (optional)
Get a user account
User accounts cost nothing and enable you to:
- Sign up for Mazamas classes, activities, and outings
- Earn badges to shape a record of your achievements
- Become a Mazamas member, entitling you to terrific benefits, discounts, and exclusive resources
- Give back to the community through exciting volunteer opportunities
Complete your Profile
|Groups||Climbing CommitteeClimb Leader Training|
|Group Preference||Climb Leader Training|