The Mazamas offers a variety of classes for all ability levels. Learn new skills in mountaineering, rock climbing, first aid, ski mountaineering, and more.
Join us for a weekend climb to the Southwest face of Mt Cruiser, a premier climb of the Olympics. Alpine rock, two pitches, 5.2, grade II. For safety, we'll climb the initial chimney as a roped pitch.
- Lead belay and rappel
- Multipitch 5.0+ alpine rock experience
- Confident on extreme exposure
- Fitness to travel hours with only cursory breaks
- Optimism to motivate your partners and keep them safe
While a fun, accessible route, this climb needs grit, and is best with prior summit of a multipitch 5th class peak. Examples include Cathedral Rock, Acker, Ingalls or other qualifying routes. This prereq is in addition to any roped scrambling experience.
Include a completed profile (example) or climb resume. Exposure: if scrambling Shuksan's summit, North Sister, Jefferson, Constance or similar was fun, you'll enjoy this approach!
We'll aim to camp overnight at Flapjack Lakes on Saturday, departing for Hoodsport on Saturday morning, and return Sunday. Bring one charcuterie item to share, for a quick picnic afterward at Flapjack Lakes. Note we're pragmatic on weather and need a clear forecast, to ensure safe return.
Get a user account
User accounts cost nothing and enable you to:
- Sign up for Mazamas classes, activities, and outings
- Earn badges to shape a record of your achievements
- Become a Mazamas member, entitling you to terrific benefits, discounts, and exclusive resources
- Give back to the community through exciting volunteer opportunities
Complete your Profile
Apply for WaitList
|Grad Preference||AR, ICS|