The Mazamas offers a variety of classes for all ability levels. Learn new skills in mountaineering, rock climbing, first aid, ski mountaineering, and more.
Join us for a fitness climb of St Helens. Strap your Fitbit and train amid a majestic autumn setting. We'll keep an easy, steady pace to stay aerobic and build capacity for the winter climb season.
Option to camp overnight at the trailhead on Saturday. Otherwise carpool from MMC at 5am for 6:30 start. If skies are sunny, bring one item to share for a celebration brunch at the summit. 🥑
- Hiked a steep trail like Mt Defiance, Yocum Ridge or Dog Mountain, or trail running
- Optimism to support and motivate your teammates
- Fitness to walk with cursory breaks, around 1000' / hour.
- Travel over class III terrain involving hands; clambering boulders
Please detail hiking or climbing experience in your completed profile and apply. Responses start October 1st or earlier. Optionally, this summit qualifies you to join Mazamas.
Adventurous Young Mazamas (AYM) offers outdoor activities year-round targeted to adults in their 20s & 30s, activities are open to everyone eighteen and over who can safely participate in our events.
If new, reserve a few minutes to complete your profile. Part of building trust starts with a profile and identifiable photo of yourself, so people know who you are and we can find each other - especially when meeting the first time.
Moderate fitness required. Pace = 1000' ft elevation per hour. Party size 12 climbers or fewer for this National Monument. This is a class 3 scramble up the Monitor Ridge route (4500').
Get a user account
User accounts cost nothing and enable you to:
- Sign up for Mazamas classes, activities, and outings
- Earn badges to shape a record of your achievements
- Become a Mazamas member, entitling you to terrific benefits, discounts, and exclusive resources
- Give back to the community through exciting volunteer opportunities
Complete your Profile
Apply for WaitList