The Mazamas offers a variety of classes for all ability levels. Learn new skills in mountaineering, rock climbing, first aid, ski mountaineering, and more.
- David Rempel contact information: Ph. 928 587-0511 and Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 7:00 a.m.: Depart Sunset Transit Center (plan on being their 10-15 minutes early to check-in and arrange carpools).
- 8:45 a.m.: Depart Trail head at north/lower parking lot of Cape Lookout State Park.
- Whales are migrating this time of year, elk are in motion lower down and flowers are beginning to bloom.
- Oregon State Parks parking pass required ($5.00 per car/available at parking lot kiosk).
- The trail starts at the beach and climbs 1578 ft over 2.4 miles of Oregon conifer rainforest to the spine of the cape, which is another 2.3 miles to the tip and 810 ft of elevation change (double the distance for the overall round trip).
- Weather is unpredictable this time of year, but in the sunshine to spring rain ballpark.
- Based on participants' interest, we may elect to stop on the way back for some food, fun & fellowship at a local eatery.
Registration is Closed