The Mazamas offers a variety of classes for all ability levels. Learn new skills in mountaineering, rock climbing, first aid, ski mountaineering, and more.
Thanks for thinking about applying for the Nordic 2020 Course! After applying, the Nordic committee should accept and notify students by December 14. You can save the registration opening date to your personal calendar by clicking here.
After being accepted to the course, you will be sorted into teams based on skill level and date preference. Teams meet for three consecutive weekends, on either Saturday or Sunday of every weekend.
The basic schedule is:
- Student Orientation: January 16th 6:30 - 9:00 PM
- Week 1: January 25/26
- Week 2: February 1/2
- Week 3: February 8/9
- Make-up Week: February 15-16
Dates may change slightly due to weather constraints. This will be handled team by team, and can be coordinated with your instructors.
At this time, applicants are limited to adults age 18 and over.
If you are hoping to volunteer to help with Nordic this year, please register here so we can collect your information and assign you a group.
Get a user account
User accounts cost nothing and enable you to:
- Sign up for Mazamas classes, activities, and outings
- Earn badges to shape a record of your achievements
- Become a Mazamas member, entitling you to terrific benefits, discounts, and exclusive resources
- Give back to the community through exciting volunteer opportunities