The Mazamas offers a variety of classes for all ability levels. Learn new skills in mountaineering, rock climbing, first aid, ski mountaineering, and more.
This course is for people who are taking MFA for the first time or have an MFA badge that expired over a year ago. If you are looking to recertify a current MFA badge, please apply to the "Mountaineering First Aid Recert: Fall 2019" activity.
Applications will be reviewed after the closing of Registration. Applications are not accepted on a first-come-first-served basis. Priority will be given to climb leaders, LD, provisional leaders, and current ICS students.
- Module 1 - Introduction and Patient Assessment System
- Module 2 - Head and neck injuries
- Module 3 - Trauma
- Module 4 - Medical and Environmental
- Module 5 - Miscellaneous topic, Triage, and Evacuation
Please note: we are trialing a new financial need scholarship process for fall 2019. This may delay our process for accepting students after registration closes. We will be accepting students as soon as possible - thank you for your patience with any delay.
General information about the MFA class can be found here.
Get a user account
User accounts cost nothing and enable you to:
- Sign up for Mazamas classes, activities, and outings
- Earn badges to shape a record of your achievements
- Become a Mazamas member, entitling you to terrific benefits, discounts, and exclusive resources
- Give back to the community through exciting volunteer opportunities