The Mazamas offers a variety of classes for all ability levels. Learn new skills in mountaineering, rock climbing, first aid, ski mountaineering, and more.
This double header climb includes two ascents of Acker Rock via Peregrine Traverse (5.7 Mixed, nine pitches) and Eagle's Dare (5.9+ Sport, eight pitches). For your convenience, the individual climb pages are linked below, but sign-up for both through this parent activity (the one you're reading).
- Peregrine Traverse climb page: https://beta.mazamas.org/activity/instance/3278/
- Eagles Dare climb page: https://beta.mazamas.org/activity/instance/3277/
The climb team will stay at the Acker Rock Lookout for two nights. Note: participants will need to reimburse the climb leader for the lookout reservations: $90 total, makes it $22.50 per person for two nights in the lookout.
Climbers selected must have skills and experience leading 5.9+, high-angle rescue, and multi-pitch. Teams will operate autonomously and climbers are expected swap leads.
Because climbing two multi-pitch routes and staying in a fire lookout at the summit is fun.
Get a user account
User accounts cost nothing and enable you to:
- Sign up for Mazamas classes, activities, and outings
- Earn badges to shape a record of your achievements
- Become a Mazamas member, entitling you to terrific benefits, discounts, and exclusive resources
- Give back to the community through exciting volunteer opportunities