The Mazamas offers a variety of classes for all ability levels. Learn new skills in mountaineering, rock climbing, first aid, ski mountaineering, and more.
Come along for an overnight trip to Warner Mountain Lookout, a remote tower in the Diamond Peak backcountry. The USFS rental can only be accessed by skis or snowshoes, from a distance of 6-8 miles. Winter sleeping bag required.
- Sunday: Ski up to Warner Mountain lookout (~6-8 miles)
- Monday: Explore Diamond Peak Wilderness, mini-NYE celebration
- Tuesday: Ski back to car (~6-8 miles), drive home
Shared rental cost. ~6-8 miles on ungroomed backcountry roads, 1700'. Winter sleeping bag, pad, and cross-country skis required.
When applying, please include a complete profile, listing applicable outdoor experience, particularly winter and snow related.
Get a user account
User accounts cost nothing and enable you to:
- Sign up for Mazamas classes, activities, and outings
- Earn badges to shape a record of your achievements
- Become a Mazamas member, entitling you to terrific benefits, discounts, and exclusive resources
- Give back to the community through exciting volunteer opportunities