CLICK HERE TO APPLY FOR A CONSERVATION GRANT
Grant deadline: March 31, 2021
Thanks for your interest in applying for a Mazamas Conservation Grant. Please read the following information carefully. The purpose of these guidelines is to identify a minimum standard process for grant review and approval.
- Conservation grants are awarded only to applicants that have established their tax-exempt status under Section 501c(3) of the Internal Revenue Codes and are not “Private Foundation” as defined under Section 509(a) of the Code.
- Grants will be awarded only for qualified purposes as defined within the guidelines and under Section 501c(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Grants are only made to qualified organizations in the Pacific Northwest.
- Grant requests should not exceed $2,500.
- Recipients of grants must agree to provide to the Mazamas by April 30th of the following year an itemization of expenditures made from the grant funds. If not all funds have been accounted for in the April report, a final financial report is to be submitted by September 1st of the following year.
The Committee cannot grant requests for the following:
- Annual fund drives
- Overhead funds in excess of 10% of the requested total
- Activities that directly or indirectly attempt to intervene or affect any campaign for public office
- Activities that benefit specific individuals
- Sectarian or religious organizations whose principal activity is for the benefit of their own members or adherents
- Requests to fund litigation - these will ordinarily be denied, but exceptions may be granted in extraordinary or unusual circumstances
- Requests from the same organization will normally be considered only once in each calendar year
Applicants will be notified if their application has been received in an incomplete form. Applicants will be notified of the results of the grant application before July 1st.
For additional information on Conservation grants, please contact the Conservation Committee.