The Mazamas offers a variety of classes for all ability levels. Learn new skills in mountaineering, rock climbing, first aid, ski mountaineering, and more.
The Mazamas Quasquicentennial Challenge is an invitation to explore the Pacific Northwest with friends and family. During our 125th year, the Mazamas is challenging all its members to climb, hike, snowshoe, and ramble 125 miles. The challenge is a great way to get in shape, stay in shape, and meet other Mazamas while exploring the beauty of the Pacific Northwest.
While we encourage you to strive to reach 125 miles, we know that may not be possible or reasonable for everyone. There are several levels in which you can take part:
- 75 miles: Limited edition quasquicentennial sticker
- 100 miles: Limited edition quasquicentennial patch and sticker
- 125 miles: Limited edition quasquicentennial pint glass, patch, and sticker
Deadline to register for the 125 Mile Challenge is May 1, 2019.
Quasquicentennial Challenge rules:
- Take part in the challenge between January 1 and Sept 30, 2019
- Miles are for individuals only, teams are not allowed
- Always stay on the trail, park in established parking areas, carry the 10 essentials, and practice Leave No Trace ethics
- Open to everyone (members and nonmembers)
Need a little extra inspiration? Up your game with the following goals:
- 5 Waterfalls hikes
- 1 Forest Park hike
- 1 Historic Mazama Trail hike
- 2 Hikes to or along bodies of water: Lakes, Rivers, or Ocean
- 1 Mazamas Stewardship hike (pick up trash or join group to help with a restoration project)
- 1 Group hike (if you are regular to one group, visit a new group to meet new people)
- 1 Introduce someone new to hiking (on an easy trail)
- 1 Sunset or Sunrise hike
- 1 Hike from your Bucket list (somewhere you have always wanted to go)